Tuesday 15 March 2011

Off to Bournemouth


Last Friday we didn’t have any classes because there was a personnel meeting at INTO. I couldn’t miss this chance so I decided to travel. By the time I noticed one of my friends’ message on Facebook. He was asking about my life and studies at London and he was inviting me to Bournemouth. That was quite a coincidence and I liked the idea. I sent him a message and told him that I wanted to visit. He was pleased.
I bought my ticket online for Saturday 08:30 am coach. On Saturday around 08:00 am I went to Victoria Coach Station. The coach left the station around 08:35. The journey took around 1 hour 55 minutes, but for me it was like a couple of minutes, since I was sleeping.
I arrived in Bournemouth around 10:30. The town was still asleep so to speak. I had a nice long Turkish breakfast in a Turkish restaurant. It was refreshing though. Around 12:30 I met my friend Ege. He is studying masters degree at Bournemouth. First we went to B&B and arranged room for me to spend the night.
After we arranged the room, we went to my old school and saw some of my teachers there. It was kind of nostalgic; I studied there for 6 months there. Around 16:00 we went to a neighbourhood called Charminster. The place is known as Middle East district of town. There are Middle East restaurants, shisha cafes and authentic food markets. We had shisha and tea in a cafe and we planned the night out. After a nice conversation, I went to the hotel to make preparations for the night.
Around 11 pm we met at the centre of Bournemouth. The club we decided to go is called V club. It is an old church converted into a night club. However there was a bad surprise waiting us there. When we approached to the entrance, we saw really long queue. I was totally disappointed because probably we had to wait there at least for an hour to get in. As soon as I soon as I snapped out of it, I noticed that my friend was calling for me from entrance. In the end we paid extra to go to VIP floor so we didn’t have to wait. In the end I was glad that there was a queue, because the place was extremely crowded, and if we hadn’t gone to VIP area, we wouldn’t have enjoyed it.
The next day I spent most of time in bad, sleeping. We had a dinner with my friend at a Turkish restaurant. Around 9 pm I took the coach from Bournemouth to London and got back home around 12 pm. It was a worthy trip, I had been feeling a little bit down before it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment