Wednesday 16 March 2011

Unmotivated Days

Recently I am feeling really unmotivated. I don’t want to leave the bed, I don’t want to go school, and I don’t want to study. I don’t even want to move my fingers so to speak. I can’t find a reason for that. Normally I would call this laziness, but also I feel somehow depressed. Everything is going well about my life. My grades are high. I have a lot of friends. I speak to my family rather often and they are all fine.
First I thought I was homesick. But this can’t be the reason, since I have a chance to go back to home on Easter holiday. But I don’t really want to go. I can’t deny that I am missing my family and my friends back in Istanbul and Ankara, but I was there just a couple of months ago and I don’t really feel like to go there for another 2 weeks. Because I believe that it will have a worse effect on my motivation. I will lose my discipline that I developed in last 4 months.
I am thinking of any further reasons for my unmotivated state of mind. I talked to my father about it; he is a medical doctor so I wanted to hear a scientific explanation. He said that it might have occurred because of spending too much time alone. I don’t think it could be the reason since there are always people around me that I interact with. I have really good friend from INTO that I meet occasionally out of INTO and we are all together at the centre every weekday. Also the people who share the accommodation with are quite helpful.
The reason behind it might be just the changing season. Recently I read an article about how changing seasons affect our hormones. I think I need a period of time for adaptation. On Easter, I am planning to visit Bournemouth in order to see some of my teachers and friends there. Also I will go to Oxford to see a friend who helped me to come to the UK. It appears like I need to spend some time out of London.
This term is about to end. We have around 2 weeks and it was stressful since I had 4 assignments to hand in. I completed 2 of them on time and still working on the other 2. It appears like stress might have affected my mood as well. But now I have all my plans about the holiday so I have started to feel better. Just 2 weeks and I will be off.

No comments:

Post a Comment